Family and Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Power of Mothers...

Our testimony meeting in Sacrament meeting was one of those where testimonies are actually shared and not life stories or thankstemonies. Most of the testimonies today were about the power of mothers; the influence they have and the special bond shared between mothers and their children. Each of our missionaries bore his testimony. Each had drifted away for awhile and found their way back because their mother never stopped believing, praying, or hoping. Elder Flores testified to the mothers that if they have a child that has drifted, that if they will continue to pray for their children, their children will find their way back. He said never give up and never stop praying because as soon as you start to doubt your children will not be touched. I was close to tears throughout most of the meeting.

I am grateful to my parents for their examples and their testimonies. I am grateful to have amazing in-laws who taught their sons to live righteously and ingrained in my husband the importance of having a testimony and learning the truthfulness of the gospel for himself.

I am grateful for the testimonies which were shared today and for the powerful Spirit which was present in our meeting.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true! Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you guys are doing well! HUGS! ~Lis

    ReplyDelete