Last night I made my weekly trip to the grocery store. Mark usually goes with me but we made a trip to the St. Louis Temple that day and he needed to study. I was almost done and was searching for the aisle with gum. A woman passed me and then retraced her steps and just kind of stared at me. I thought maybe I had registered her at the hospital because she was looking at me like she knew me.
Then she said, "you are beautiful, like model beautiful." I was very suprised by this comment and touched. I thanked her for the comment, all the while I could feel a nice blush coming on. She just kept going on about how beautiful she thought I was.
Now I am not telling you this to gloat about myself, there is a point to this story.
Eventually she left and I found the aisle that I needed. She happened to walk by again and said, "I have to tell you that I haven't ever told anyone that except my little girl and she is 30 now." I told her she was very sweet and that she was making me blush.
She stood there for a moment, somewhat speechless, trying to find the right words. Then she uttered the words that are the point of this post, "there is just this glow about you." I was amazed. I thought, that is the Light of Christ that you are seeing in my countenance.
I was so grateful for this wonderful woman who, even though she had admitted to me that she had had a few drinks, was still able to recognize the glow that we as righteous Latter Day Saints are blessed with. We are a peculiar people, and the more people I get to know here in Missouri the more I observe this.
I am so blessed to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful for the testimonies which were shared today that strengthened my testimony and invited the Spirit into our meeting. I am grateful that my dad recognized the truthfulness of the gospel at a young age. And more than anything, I am so grateful for the sealing power of the priesthood. I love my husband and family more than anything and I am grateful to be able to spend eternity with them.
My testimony is real. I pray that that "glow" continues in my countenance forever!
3 days ago
what a sweet story!
ReplyDelete